South African Head Office
57 Swarthout Street, Doringkloof, Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa, 0157
From within South Africa: (012) 6709010 or (012) 6709022
From outside South Africa: (0027) 12 6709010 or (0027) 12 6709022
Office Hours Monday to Friday 9:00 to 15:00
Official South African Documents. Retrieval, Authentication and Legalisation Specialists
Document Authentication And Legalisation
Letter of No Impediment
Letter of Impediment, No Impediment Letter, Free to Marry Letter or Confirmation of Marital Status Letter is issued by the South African Department of Home Affairs.
This letter is usually required by a South African citizen whom wants to get married in a Foreign Country to prove that they are not married.
1.How do you apply for a South African Letter of No-
• Note: We must at least have the ID number of the person the application is done for.
• Indicate also on the client sheet if legalisation is needed by Apostille, Authentication and/or embassy certification.
1.2. Download Appointment and Authorisation for us to apply on your behalf.
2. Notes when you complete the application form.
• Scan in PDF
• Write in print -
• You must supply the person for whom you require the certificate ID number -
• If you do not have the parents ID number supply as much as possible information of the parents.
3. Fees and Lead Time.
• Fee is R 895 with a deposit of R 495 on application and R 400 on completion
• Lead time is usually from 6 to 8 weeks
4. Courier Fees
5.4.1. Door to Door where possible in South Africa R 150-
• Our preferred service provider is The Courier Guy and parcels can be tracked here
• If documents cannot be delivered door to door documents will be courier ed to your nearest post Office via Speed Service couriers.
5.4.2. Door to Door where possible any destination outside of South Africa R 625-
• Our preferred service provider is DHL and parcels can be tracked here
5. Payment methods, Forex and Bank Fees: banking details will be supplied with the invoice.
5.5.1. EFT from any bank in South Africa -
5.5.2. EFT from a bank outside of South Africa forex fees of R 170 per transaction.
5.5.3. Cash payment from within South Africa -
Cannot Be Expedited